Friday, March 29, 2013

Painting the new war boss part: I

I lost this guy into my painting shelf for a wile he was actually painted the same day I started my Big Mek as you can see he got all most the exact same treatment.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nurgle deamon prince part: I

I got this the day it came out. They caught me on an impulse when I walked in to the local GW store and saw them siting there looking monstrous. Sadly he languished on my shelf for years but with typhus getting painted it only seemed right that this amazing model got the love it deserved.  

Monday, March 25, 2013

A new caster for my legion army

After much thought it was decided i needed a caster that could run the army i wanted to make. That being an all warbeast army so my options where Absylonia , Thagrosh or Epic Thagrosh

After looking at the models I knocked thagrosh out of the running as his epic incarnation was just so much cooler looking. After that I went to price them out and found Absylonia for about 8$ and Epic Thagrosh was something like 45$

as you can see from the pictures above I went with Absylonia she was cool looking and with her small base much easier to hide in game with a bunch of large beasts running about. The price difference also helped out quite a bit. Seeing as I could all most get a new warbeast for the difference. 

Friday, March 22, 2013

Imperial fist terminator Sargent part: I

My inspiration to paint has been lacking recently but I still like to see some progress when possible.
Perhaps I should find a new angle to approach the hobby from for a wile. I have been painting at a hugely accelerated rate for all most the last two years now. I know there are many that easily paint a lot more then I do to a much higher standard.

I think a terrain piece is in order or something like that I am a bit pressed for space right now but I think i just need to make it happen.    

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

typhus part: I

I was not in the mood to do any fine work today to I stuck to baseing. I don't have a chaos army but I do have a few odd nurgle models running around just because I loved the way they look and as with most of my projects on a whim I just started painting. It may be some time before this gentlemen is finished but hopefully he looks horrible (in a good way) when finished.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Big mek part: I

It was time to start on an ork project today and this fellow called out to me to get some paint on him after all this time on my shelf.

no truly great progress was made but most of it is at least based and i has some fun adding some checks to him tho they need touching up.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Building a gameing table part: V

Well sadly this is as far as I could get in the time I had. There is not even flock on it but I was needed to help paint the house this was being gifted to. If i had one more day with it before I felt it needed to be delivered I could have put a 2ed coat of polyurethane to get a smother finish and added the grass to the gameing surface  at least but fate did not have that in store for this project. It is still passable and at some point either thewarhost or I will get  a chance to add the grass and I will get a pic or two to show you all the truly finished product. But for now This my friends is the end of the story. 

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Building a gameing table part: IV

As you can see I glued the sand to the tabletop for texture I am hoping that it turns out well I watered down the glue a bit more then i would normally So i am hoping for the best on that one.
I also stained the board edges and the leg units with red oak stain. it gives the wood a worn old look  That should be nice. you can still see some spots that look like water marks but that is just because I have not gone back with a clean dry cloth and wiped them till they turn out even with the rest. Stain is nice to work with like that

Friday, March 8, 2013

Building a gameing table part: III

Today It looks like all most nothing got done but I did get all the holes filled in With dowels and glued. So next on the list is  rounding off the corners of all the boards so they look less like 2/4's then on to sanding the whole thing. after that I plan on staining and sealing the whole thing with polyurethane.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Monday, March 4, 2013

Shredder's Part: I Finished

I did all 4 shredder's today there not amazing but they look good on the table