Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Adeptus Custodes terminator

I decided to switch it up yet again and paint something I had not for some time.
This time I went for an Adeptus Custodes terminator. So far I have based the brass armor plates Mournfang brown and the red Khorne red. I have found a product that helps make paint cover nicely called Liquitex Flow-aid. But this time I added a little to much and it has left the paint a little on the shiny side. I am not worried about this really as the flat sealer will take that away later.    

Monday, January 28, 2013

Big Mek's shoota boys

These are the big meks personal army at least the start of them. They are the first ten of the thirty that are planed for the Meks body guard of shoota boys.

I tried to keep there gear worn a bit but I wanted to make it seem in much better shape then the rest of the army to represent how close they work with the big mek.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Building the Khador Conquest

I added in the Black Templar's for scale this thing is huge. At about 7" it is hard to call it a miniature.
It will make a great centerpiece for the army.  

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vanguard Veterans Part: IV

I really like this guy the sheathed power sword that comes with the black Templar upgrade sprue is interesting but it needed a way to be attached and I am proud of the way it came out.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Scout Titan progress agaion

I just about finished the trim on the titan i just need to do the right leg now

Friday, January 18, 2013

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Unboxing the Khador Conquest

My wonderful wife got me this for Christmas. I have wanted this guy seance before I started playing warmachine because of how cool I thought it looked. Now I need to do the rather large amount clean up that this guy requires. If you have ever played with resin casting you will see a lot of little things on this that show that the molds were getting old when this one was poured.    

Friday, January 11, 2013

Carnivean part: II

I do believe I will need one more higher layer on the skin but even so I started blacking out the armor plates and claws.   

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Carnivean part: I

I started on the Carnivean. The skin needs at least 2 more layers but its getting there. But I don't think it will look right until the armor gets it brown and black coating.    

Monday, January 7, 2013

Landraider #2 Part: IV

Well its time to leave well enough alone. I tried to damage this one up a bit with out going over the top like the orks and I am very happy with how smooth the yellow came out. I think the only real down side to this one is that it it a bit flat. the highlights I put on some of the edges blended in a little to much.

But seeing it next to my original Landraider makes me happy to see the improvement.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Mixing up Mud Weathering

 Ok it was time to take a short break from painting my Landraider I have bean working on for a wile. So today I thought I would show you how to do mud effects for tanks. first off the supplys you will need are
1: wood glue (this bonds the sand and paint to the tank better then paint on its own)
2:brown paint (I like the cheep stuff for this because it takes a lot kinda like terrain pieces)
3:sand(I prefer my mix of cheep kids play sand and some slightly larger gravel like the brown stone you can see below this)
4:water(you need to thin the mixture out a bit)
5:something to store it in or at least mix up your batch in(I used to make it in a paper cup this time I had an old empty paint pot) 

I like a 1/1/1/1 mix personally but each batch I tweak a little till it looks right
I try to get to around the same consistency as GW paint straight out of the pot perhaps a little thicker

This is what it looks like on the tank with just this mud mixture

And finally these are some finished products. The  Landraider has a thicker batch that had a lot more glue and sand in it the rino got a more standard batch the rino was also dry brushed heavily with a darker brown then lightly dry brushed with bleach bone.
the landraider was a darker brown to start with but was also dry brushed with a few other browns

With this mixture as with all painting at this scale you need to apply several layers and try out different mixes.

I hope I gave you something to play with and we can see some more texture out there on the tabletop battlefields.