Monday, November 10, 2014

Organization is everything (paint edtion)

So I am sure we all have had issues with paint jars taking over our work space this is my solution. My original answer to the problem was this standing rack with a lot of holes to slide the pots into. It works great for all my vallejo paint, but sadly I did not have a large enough bit to fit the GW paints.
So now I have a huge rack to fill in as I get more   


 As you can see its easy to build you just need a thick board for the base with a 1/8" slot cut into it then drill a ton of holes in a sheet of 1/8" MDF that are spaced out a bit and the proper size for your paint pots. the only this you have to do after that is add on pieces to the sides of the MDF that have a slot cut into them or they wont be stiff enough to hold your paint with out flexing and breaking.
you could also add on a top and make it more ridged but I did not have room as it sits under the shelf at the back of desk.   
 After I got the vallejo paint taken care of I had to come up with something for all the GW paint I have as my desk was still mostly covered. The answer I came up with after not fitting them on my standing rack was a set of drawers. These are not as easy to enplane exactly how I built them so I will just point you all to https://www.youtube.com/user/stevinmarin This gentleman has some excellent beginner wood working projects and can quickly get you up to speed to build some simple drawers like these. you could also Google "pocket hole jig" and that will tell you how it is possible to hide the screws like I have on this.    




now my desk looks much cleaner and much more orginised.
still a bit of a mess with the tools and chemicals but much better then it was.

5 comments: