Friday, December 20, 2013

Vampire Counts VS. High elves Game one

 Deployment: the empty plate is supposed to be Forrest in a few battle reports they will finally have there trees that were lost in my basement for a long time  the only other confusing thing on the table is the set of templates. They are a river I need to get around to building some scenery to represent a river as they come up a lot but I have not gotten to it yet.
Oh and this is a watch tower mission and the house in the center is the objective
The high elves got to go first  and shuffle forward a bit to set them selves up for later they also took a shot at the terrorghiest with the bolt thrower and did nothing to it
 The first vampire turn was also a general advance and bulking up my units with magic.
 High elf turn two consisted of pinking away at my units and moving up his reaver cav to block me from marching 
 Vamp turn two my necromancer finished off the cav on my flank with magic missiles  I should have moved my hexwraiths out to the flank of the skeletons but sadly I did not   
 High elves turn three the sword masters charged my zombies and the seaguard charged my skeletons if I am not mistaken this was when he challenged my vampire I accepted and got wiped out due to him drinking a potion of strength and with his high initiative and always  strike first rule getting him rerolls to hit and a really high chance to wound me.  
 Vampire turn three I swooped over the combat between the zombies and the sword masters with the terrorghiest to screech at the bolt thrower in combat the sword masters finished off the zombies and the skeletons keep grinding down the unit of seaguard  
 High elf turn four: The sword masters are now in the tower and the ongoing combat with the seaguard is slowly going to the undead due to healing of losses and dragging down a few elves each combat.
Vampire Turn four: The terrorghiest moves over to get at the archers because the swordmasters have the banner that gives them a 2+ ward save vs. magic so the chances of doing wounds was really low
the rest of the turn was ongoing combat   
High elf turn five: The ongoing combat is coming to an end but the elves survive again and the archers take some shots at the terrorghiest  
Vampire turn five:I finally finished off the elves with the skeletons I also charged the archers they chose to flee 
 High elf turn six: The archers failed to rally and the sword masters easily hold the tower
 Vampire turn six: The hexwraiths ran down the archers and I reformed the skeletons to attack the tower a day late and a dollar short sadly 
So the high elves hold the tower and win the game!  after this game  I decided I needed a unit of graveguard both to serve as an effective combat block but also to take that damn tower after some one with decent combat skills takes a tower.

Still this game was a blast to play and I look forward to fighting them again in a different mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment