Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years resolutions / updated TO DO list

well first lets take a look at how I did last year before we look at what I will be shooting to do this year.
the red highlighted items are what i got done the rest I am still working on...   at some point... 


  1. (This is a big one but it is possible)  Finish painting the Imperial fists!
  • landraider #2   DONE
  • Vindicator #2  DONE
  • Tactical Squad #3
  • Sternguard squad #2
  • Ironclad dread
  • black templar vanguard vets stand in
  • rino/ whirlwind  DONE
  • drop pod #2
  • drop pod#3
  • Devastator squad #3 DONE
  • 5 assault termanatiors DONE
  • 16 normal terminators
  • the last few odd command models I have siting around  
    2. Paint up my current orcs

  • shoota squad of 30 done 10/30
  • slugga squad of 30 
  • flesh out the nob squad
  • battle waggon #1
  • battle waggon#2 
  • 7 deffcoptas 
  • warboss DONE
  • big mek DONE
  • humm what do you know this one does not look to intimidating 

   3. Build up to the 50 point level with my Khador army
            61/50 points done
  • I'm looking at you new winter guard infantry in February...
  • possibly That crazy huge conquest...DONE
   4. Legion of everblight
           19/35 points done
  • There are 21 points worth of them from the starter box that need painting..
  • There are also a few other models that catch my eye so I think my goal for the year will be a painted 35 point army
  5. Vampires
  • 30 skeletons 30/30done
  • 40 zombies 
  • coven throne 
  • 20 graveguard
  • zombie dragon/ terrorgiest
  • 5 hex wrathes 
  • 5 black knights 
  • a few necromancers a second vampire on foot  and my Wight king BSB
  • besides the skeletons this one is not too awful bad ether...


OK I just reread my lists and added them up and I have set my self to the task of painting 321 or so models all ready....

So that is not likely to get finished but I like to shoot high so lets add in some stretch goals.

6. finish that damn warhound titan......

7. paint up the baneblade

8. Finish up the adeptus custodes land raider

9. Start scratch building a Thunderhawk

10. Scratch build an ork gargant or some Ork super heavy

11. What the hell if I finish the warhound this year I should start on a reaver titan I do have a set of plans for one stashed on my backup hard drive some where....


I think that should do. If I can get all this done and play some games This will be one hell of a year of hobbying.

...................................................................................................................................................................


well this year was the year of warmachine and warhammer fantasy that is for sure. I believe I managed to finish painting about 120-130 models of my 300+ I wished to complete. lets call it half so not bad at all I now have all most all the options I want for my Khador army painted there are maby a dozen left that I have around that I may get around to at some point but the core is deffentaly all there and looking snazzy





I also have the bulk of my vampires done for warhammer fantasy and for that army I really mean bulk painting. Zombies and skeletons are needed in much larger quantitys that anything else i have ever tried painting. I have to admit both of the batches I did for them really burnt me out panting wise for a wile but I love seeing them on the table in all there glory. I am just glad I don't need to do it again.




last but certainly not least are my beloved imperial fists they have not hit the table in a long time but there are murmurs of starting killteams up shortly with in my gameing group so they may get there chance soon.






So when you add in all the games I have actually played this year its been a great hobby year and next year is shaping up to be a banner year as well.

so now on to the hard part setting a new TO DO list up for the comeing year.

1: actually finish the Imperial fists!
  • Tactical Squad #3
  • Sternguard squad #2
  • Sternguard squad #3 yes I had to add this when the new kit came out I am weak...
  • Ironclad dread
  • drop pod #2
  • drop pod #3
  • 16 normal terminators
  • the last few odd command models I have siting around  


2: mop up the last vampires that need painting

  • coven throne 
  • 5 black knights 
  • second vampire on foot
  • Terrorgheist (my wife got me a second model for Christmas so I could build a actual Terrorgheist. yes she is great!)
  • 10 Ghouls
  • 10 hounds 
3: Warriors of chaos
  • 3 units of 12 warriors 
  • 10 Chaos knights 
  • daemon prince 
  • 3 skull crushers
  • 10 hounds 
4: orks
  •  shoota squad of 30 the last 20 for the unit
  •  slugga squad of 30 
  • flesh out the nob squad I think there are about 10 of them 
  • battle waggon #1
  • battle waggon #2
  • 7 deffcoptas 
5. finish that damn warhound titan......

6. paint up the baneblade


7. Start scratch building a Thunderhawk   

8.  Finish up the adeptus custodes land raider and get the units in order so they could be a kill team or somthing....


about 177 models this year much easier then  last year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment