Friday, March 7, 2014

A 40K battle report! Orks vs. Necrons 450pts

 Deployment: We got "" with "hammer an anvil" as the mission  I was playing the orks I had a warboss in mega armor with a combie schorcha, cybork body and attack squig
5 nobs one with a power claw one with a big choppa and 3 normal ones
1 defkopta with rokkits
17 boys with sluggas one was a nob with power claw and boss poll

The necrons were played by my bother in law thewarhost he had
a lord with some goodies i forget the exact stuff but 2+ save, rez orb some, staff and mind shackle scarabs
5 imortals
10 warriors
4 scarab bases   
 Turn 1 first half: Necrons go first and shuffle up a bit the scarabs moved up behind the round silo in the shot.
Turn 1 second half: The Orks move up all together my thought was to try to avoid his warriors that had the lord with them for a bit wile I had a chance to take the small unit of immortals on. my warboss and nobs were not on the board as I had gotten outflank as his warlord trait they were held in reserve. the deffkopter took the first shot of the game and failed to do anything to the immortals.     
 Turn 2 combined: The Immortals shot down the deffkopter earning the necrons first blood and a kill point and the score went to 2-0 necrons. The scarabs  moved up between the factory and the silo on the center of the board to hide and make a charge next turn but due to my boys moving up enough they took a charge instead getting wiped out earning the orks a killpoint making the score 2-1 necrons. The warboss and his nobs came in from reserve and landed on the flank I wanted them on in a good place to flame and shoot the immortals killing 2 of them.
 Turn 3 combined: the nobs and boss charged the immortals and did what they do best and smashed them to bits moving the score to 2-2.  the warriors backed away from the boys and shot several of them dead wile the boys gave chase.
Turn 4 combined: orks chased the warriors and lord and try ed to close in on them  I should have called the waagh! but forgot too to get the re roll on the charge distance. the warriors wisely kept there distance and chipped away at the boys.
Turn 5 combined: The warriors were really doing some damage to the boys at this point and I just could not get the charge off (did not help that I kept forgetting the waagh!). and due to random game length this was the last turn. I ended up wining but to my nobs and warboss being in his deployment zone and getting line breaker so it was a 3-2 game in favor of the orks but had the game gone on I was still any ones game. one more lucky round of shooting could have killed the boys then there was still mind shackle scarabs waiting for my warboss in combat with his lord. Really interesting stuff for such a small game I think and I am hopping we start sotating in some 40K into out normal line up of fantasy tho I am still enjoying that immensely.     

No comments:

Post a Comment